Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Behind the Scenes


You know how in the movies people pack up and go? The screen just changes and BOOM next scene. No details of booking flights, updating documents, buying travel books, packing, cleaning, and saying goodbye after goodbye. Those aren’t the glamorous parts. I’m not actually sure when the ‘glamor’ starts when moving to South Korea. We don’t speak the language, we’re tall, white….American. Foreigners! Although it hasn't always been easy we’re looking forward to it…a lot. Why? The humbling experience of stretching ourselves, growing stronger together, living simply, and learning more about ourselves and the world. 

We’re traveling—really, really traveling. Mike got a passport in high school for a French class trip and I got one in college for a music class study abroad program; neither one of us has a stamp yet. Various circumstances caused us to cancel trips, so we always said it happened for a reason and ‘one day’ we would travel together which would be even better.  Our day is coming at us like a freight train. 

3 comments:

  1. Great start. Sounds more like a novel. Maybe you should write a book and a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! This makes me soooo happy. I'm glad we'll be able to follow along, even just a little bit, in your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, isn't this exciting! I expect lots of pictures and posts...even if life gets boring! Bring Korea to us Tracy, we're along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete