Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Little Stories

Here are a few things we've been up to lately.

Rice paddy fields are starting to get worked on--lots of fires going on everywhere.


We brought a moose antler dog chew with us and gave Asia her first one shortly after arriving in December. Pictured it's probably half its original size. These days we are keeping a close eye on it so it doesn't get too small and become a choking hazard. Clearly moose antler is where it's at!


Here's some food from a street vendor we tried. The squiggly stuff in a cup is a sort of fish cake and the kabob is spicy chicken.


We also tried an assortment of fried food one night--chicken, yaki mandu (dumplings), and potato slices--my personal favorite. 

I tried a new recipe for zucchini/pineapple muffins and ended up making the biggest muffin top ever. The recipe said to heap the batter and claimed it only made 6-8 muffins. Liar!

It's been raining here more making walks in fields much messier. One day I decided to let Asia play ball in a little secluded area that I thought was drier. Turns out that not only was I wrong, but also there were lots of plants that had these thistle-y burr type things everywhere. I found that they weren't too hard to pick off so we stayed anyway. You can see them sticking up off of Asia's back the second time she brings the ball back. We played until she came back with a row above her eye and I got grossed out. She was disappointed the game was over. :)

Well, maybe you can't see. I didn't realize the video quality was so poor after it was uploaded! 

Apparently celery can regrow if you plant the bottom so I gave it a try. They grew steadily for a couple of weeks and then died. I don't even have a clue what to do differently the next time around. It was fun while it lasted though.

1 comment:

  1. Celery sure does make a pretty plant - too bad they died!

    ReplyDelete