I took a photography class that's offered monthly. Asia is a very patient subject.
March 14th was White Day (a holiday similar to Valentine's Day) and Mike surprised me with white chocolates and a pretty lamp.
We've been having more smoothies for breakfast and I like serving them in 'fancy' glasses. Makes for a good start to the day. :)
There's a little path Asia and I take often; I was surprised to find out there are chickens that live in the little tree farm area. And more surprised to find out Asia does really well when passing them.
A little taste of everyday life. I think there are one or two more that I didn't get in the picture.
There's been a lot of burning going on in the rice paddy fields.
We went to an E-Mart store which is kind of like a Super Target/Wal-Mart. The strangest thing to me is that there were multiple kitchen supply sections scattered throughout the store.
In order to get a cart you need to pay 100 won (10 cents) to release it from the group. When you return the cart you get your money back.
There are ramps that go between floors within the store. The instant the carts wheels touch the ramp they lock into it and become immobile.
It was fun going down the international food isle at E-Mart and interesting to see what was put in the America & Mexico section.
You're also not allowed to have any shopping bags in the store so they have lockers available.
When you check out you can either pay for a bag or put everything back in the cart and go make a box for free.
There carts also have a cool 4-way function that comes in quite handy since the stores are so crowded with people.
For some reason they have tunnels to drive through to get to the parking area. Maybe less snow removal in the winter?
March ended with a bang; we rescued an abandoned puppy and fostered him for a week until he went to his forever home....but that's a story for another entry.



No comments:
Post a Comment