Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Korea

Merry Christmas from the Korean Buchanan trio!
Christmas in Korea...did not see that one coming! 

This is a Christmas of firsts for us. The first one not being in the states, the first one not being with any family, the first without real Christmas cookies...the list could go on. 

I am known to be simplistic in my decorations but this year was pretty minimal, even by my standards. However, I do really enjoy all of the decorations we do have.




I bought some Christmas cookies at a shopping plaza but it turns out they are better for decorating than eating.


I'm not usually one for candles but under the circumstances they do the trick quite well.


And that covers all of our Christmas decorations here in Korea. Ha! 

We even got to have a white Christmas! I was pleasantly surprised to wake up Christmas Eve morning to find a lovely blanket of fluff on the entire landscape. 


Silly Korean Christmas gift exchange:

Ah, the bear who dreamed of being a tiger. Or the tiger who tried to eat a bear??

mmmm...water from the demilitarized zone
Despite getting a few new toys herself, Asia was intrigued by the bear/tiger toy and used some top quality cuteness techniques to get to it. 


We love Christmas!!
We love puppies!
Puppies love us!
A really strange version of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?? Not really sure what's going on here.
 I mean....we're completely normal...
               
Merry Christmas everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment