December 17th, 2006 Mike and I went to a Korean church service in Madison, WI. The service was nice enough--from what we could understand anyway. We stuck out like sore thumbs but people were very kind to us and afterward the pastor made sure to talk with us. So why go to a Korean church service in Madison? No, we weren't preemptively 'testing the waters' or seeing the future. :) Mike actually had to go there for research on a paper he was writing for a college course at the time. Me, being a religious studies minor, am always up for new opportunities.
After church that day we went to Memorial Union for a stroll around the building and a wintry walk next to Lake Mendota. We found a little overlook that jutted off the path to stop at. It was there that Mike proposed to me. (And yes, it was beautiful and romantic and perfect). We always enjoyed that our proposal day story started with a Korean church service, but now it ties life together a little more for us.
Full Circle is right! I am sure I heard this story before but I truly do not remember you'd gone to a Korean church service prior to the proposal. How fun to look back and see all the connections!
ReplyDeleteThat wedding dress...it was just you Tracy. So beautiful. Always makes me smile to see you and the dress again.
ReplyDelete