Saturday we headed up to Jebudo Island which is accessible only during low tide. Twice a day the waters part and exposes a 2.3 km stretch of land. Evidently people used to wade back and forth between the island and the mainland but in the 1980s pavement was installed. Here's a picture of the drive in:
It kind of reminded me of some horror film with all the dried up places, boats docked on the sea floor, etc.
Their fishing poles were huge! We did get to see one guy catch a fish while we were there.
We had fun hiking around. There was a big wooden walkway that led to the giant seashell. We also climbed up and down very tall, steep stairs to walk on the rocky ground.
Looks like a good catch of clams to me!
As we were walking along I came across the below picture. I was leaning in towards it and telling Mike that I found a beautifully smooth rock. He told me it was a jellyfish which surprised me and made me yell as if it was suddenly going to get me. :)
This was the first place in Korea that we've visited that I felt was very 'touristy.' There were actually stands selling balloons and a some kids toys and junk food, like cotton candy. I was impressed, though, that it came prepackaged in an appropriate size. (What, you don't get a gigantic stick of it?!?) And you get a little fork to eat it with! We didn't try any to know how the taste compares; we went with the pineapple slushy instead.
Another area was very muddy and people dug for clams there. There were vendors around that were selling or renting out boots and tools so you could dig.
This wash station was a huge help at the end of our trip trip!
SO many shells!
Falcon Rock
Asia has always loved climbing; this trip was right up her ally. There weren't too many people around so we debated taking her off leash in this area but she kept climbing everything and didn't always know how to get back down!
This guy was collecting crabs and other things we didn't recognize. Mike was nice and caught some crabs and donated them to his bucket. I really liked the idea but had a harder time with actually wanting to touch the crabs I found.
I really enjoyed watching all the live sea creatures. I'm more used to finding empty seashells, so watching them crawl around was interesting.
Next time boots might be the way to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment